The business information system refers to technological resources integrated to spread information desired in an organization. This System is essential for decision making in any organization with the aim of the achievement of set objectives. In the world today, growth in technology has led to the emerging of several free digital programs, growth of online software and also, growth in cloud computing, which an online platform used by businesses to carry out their daily activities over the internet. The current development in business information systems is rapid technological growth, cloud computing popularity, generation of more efficient computers with storage devices, an increase in software as a service, and the emergence of a digital platform as a business system. A digital platform is an online system that allows the organization’s tasks and interaction with its employees done digitally. ABC company’s new project is the installation of an online order for renting playing games. This paper will explain the benefits of the System, the risks associated with the System, and mitigation solutions for the risks identified.
Technology is dynamic to meet the continual demand of the market. Information Systems (IS)leads to revenue maximization and cost reduction by making available business information relevant to making critical business decisions. ABC company’s new project of installing a new internet system accompanied by several factors considered before installation. The focus of the company is to allow online playing of games and to rent out the gaming products. Businesses should consider the objectives before deciding on whether to install a system.
Business Drivers of Information Systems
- Operational Excellence –the System should improve efficiencies in operation to realize higher profits. ABC’s new System will target a more substantial number of people, especially youths, as the games are now accessible on the online platform. This will increase the number of people playing as they do not have to visit the company premises to play physically. Additionally, the company can rent games through this platform. This diversifies the sources of income for the company.
- New Products, Services, and Business Models – New information system is associated with changes in the daily routines. ABC company should develop quick adaptability to the expected change due to the new IS. The ability to change translates to the company offering new products and services to customers at an increased rate.
- Customer and Supplier Intimacy – ABC should carry out a background check to ensure that their customers and suppliers have access to the internet. Understandingcustomers leads to their satisfaction, and this translates to long-lasting relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Improved Decision Making – Decisions made should be on real-time following the new IS as the results are tracked online through the System
- Competitive Advantage –customer satisfaction, the convenience of the gaming product, accessibility, and customer response will increase the ABC competitive advantage over other competitors.
For the IS system to be successful, ABC must have a business culture that supports efficiency and effectiveness in operations, working business processes, decentralization of control, and a strong team for IS development (management system department). The organization staffing process should also be based on technical experience and specialization; this maximizes the output productivity with limited input.
Impacts of IS in Organizations and Business Firms
IS eliminates the need for middle managers and clerical employees as the System substitutes human-intensive labor. IS reduces the labor cost paid to workers to carry such tasks. Over time, the managers will prefer to invest more IT other than other capital intensive investments due to the reduction in costs. IS helps the firms to reduce transaction costs by reducing the purchase of items or services that are now made by the IS. The transaction cost theory states that firms and people want to reduce transaction costs as they do on production costs. IS has led to a reduction in the number of employees in the firm by contracting external suppliers and outsourcing services, which relatively less expensive compared to recruitment to employees. As the transaction costs reduce, the size of the firm reduces, and internal management costs also reduce.
The new IS in ABC company will reduce the size of the company as the clients do not need to visit the premises to play games; hence some of the playing stations will close down following the online launching of gaming. Additionally, the IS also has a new database of storing their games, and this, too, will reduce the necessity to have many storage hardware. The System has connecting software that will connect the new System with their old System, and this will translate to a reduction in costs related to manual shifting of data. Game rental will increase the coverage area to ensure that those with no access to the internet can as well visit the nearest rental cities to play games. The Agency theory states that as a firm continues to grow in size and coverage, agency costs increase due to the need to increase the number of employees.
Risk Assessments of Information System Security Risks
Information Systems are exposed to numerous threats and uncertainties such as hacking, loss of data, unauthorized system access, physical damage, among others. Risks are the probability of an event that will lead to a loss in case it occurs. Risks are subject to the vulnerability of the System. The occurrence of risks interferes with the secrecy of data, integrity, and accessibility of IS. Risk management and assessment are essential tools of Information Security Management(ISM). Risk management is a vital process in protecting the IS. Therefore, ABC Company must have a deeper understanding of risk management and assessment significance and fundamentals.
Risk Management Fundamentals
Risk management consists of identification, examination, and evaluation of risks in IS within allowed scope. Every organization or company with IS has to account for and manage risks to a certain given level. Risks management plays a vital role in protecting the objectives and the equity of an organization. The risk management process involves four aspects, which include; formulating risks, evaluating risks, respond to threats, and systematic review of risks. Vulnerabilities in the System pinpointed using various ways. The organization can start by listing the common weaknesses encountered daily, and with the help of the system expertise, they can identify other vulnerabilities and threats. A relationship between these vulnerabilities is discussed, and it’s used to measure the extent of harm that would be felt if the risks occur.
Formulating risks helps with the formation of a risk management strategy and approach used for evaluating and monitoring the uncertainty in the stage identified. Evaluating risks aids in determining the extent to which damage would occur in case the risk occurs. It is useful in identifying danger, weaknesses, and measure the effectiveness of risk occurrence in an organization. After risk identification and assessment, the next step is to address and respond to the threat by formulating alternative control measures for the threats. The last component, which is monitoring risks, continually confirms that the response put in check has been utilized and monitors the effectiveness of the actions outlined. A good system maintains the principles of information, which are confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data when needed. This ensures that the data is reliable, and reports are timely.
A standard risk assessment methodology comprises four main principles; the process of risk assessment, Risk model, approaches to risk assessment, and approach to risk analysis. The risk assessment approach can be an expression of the numerical value assigned to each method used. Also, it can be qualitative whereby the assessment expresses the degree of impact or harm given the uncertainty and possibility available. On the other hand, the analysis focuses on the effects associated with risk occurrence.
ABC Company System Analysis and Mitigation of Security Holes
Based on the research above, I will perform a detailed analysis of the company’s new System with examples of possible risks associated with the new website, new database, the new CRM, and the game product. The new IS relies on the use of the internet. Therefore, it’s exposed to several numbers of threats as follows;
- Inferior technology with unreliable security- With the release of technology daily, new hardware and gadgets that have access to the internet without any form of protectionhave increased. Therefore ABC Company should ensure that the System is not subject to such devices, which might compromise the system performance. The MIS department should ensure each connection is secured to reduce such vulnerability.
- Attacks from social media- cybercriminals are discovering new ways to tap even the heavily secured networks globally. They are using social media as a medium of distribution to distribute water holing, which is a complicated geographical attack on websites with the most targeted audience. The company should mitigate this risk by securing each connection and restricting access to unauthorized people.
- Third-party entry- this risk results in the access of Systems to carry out unethical tasks by the third parties. The company should only issue access to reliable people.
- Neglecting quality configuration- lack of proper configuration of the System makes it vulnerable to cybercrimes. All functionalities needed for the performance of the System should be configured to avoid risks.
- Outdated security software- The Company should continuously update the System to protect the database. Updates can curb threats that are known and identify other upcoming vulnerabilities. An outdated security system will not detect new threats, which might lead to loss of data.
- A system without encryption- the company, should ensure each gadget that uses this System is encrypted. Lack of encryption lowers the security of the System, and this means that the safety of the data can be compromised easily.
- Company’s data on personal devices- technology today has allowed people to access systems from work through their mobile phones and tablets. The company should come up with management tools that limit the extent of data that one can access work.
- Inadequate security Technology –the company should invest in software that signals alert incase the System is compromised. There has to be a person to address the warnings whenever there is a signal. This ensures the safety of data at all times, and confidentiality of data is also upheld.
Following the above, ABC Company will be in a position to monitor the IS installed, and this will ensure the new database is maintained and kept secure from the high threats. The new System will increase the profitability of the organization as it targets a broader market now, which is the online fraternity. The risk assessment measures put in the company should as well safeguard the game products to avoid other people from duplicating the product. The company, through monitoring of the System, will not encounter incomplete data that might affect the decision making process.
In conclusion, the Information System is crucial in the performance of a business. IS increases productivity and reduces costs. Companies with a sound system have competitive Advantages in the market. A sound system promotes confidentiality, integrity and prevents loss of data. For a company to avoid the risks associated with IS, it must understand the concept of risk management and assessment fundamentals as they form an integral part of the system protection. By having an understanding of the risk assessment procedures, the company can identify possible threats and vulnerabilities. A response to the identified threats is formulated, and measures are put in place to address the vulnerabilities. Risk assessment is not a one-time thing but a continuous evaluation.
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!